How To Make Wicked Witch Legs:
This Wicked Witch Leg tutorial was submitted by Micki Hares from A Whim and A Prayer Custom Creations. Micki is also a member of our Home Decorating, Upcycling and DIY Facebook group. If you would like to share a project to be featured on this site, you can do so here.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosure here
- Chicken Wire
- Scrap cardboard
- Modpodge glue although I made my own (see recipe below)
- Spray paint (this is the glitter brand I used)
- Old pair of shoes
- Scrap wood
- Pair of long black and white socks
How To Make these wicked witch legs:
1. I first cut scrap chicken wire to the length of legs. Making sure to add extra for “knee bend”. I Then used scrap cardboard to create back section of the leg.
2.I made my own modpodge glue with the below recipe.
3. I then used newspaper and old phone book pages to paper mache around the legs and then left to dry overnight.
4. I also spray painted a pair of shoes I rescued from a church rummage sale
5. I cut a small scrap piece of wood to fit inside the shoe.
6.I then took the piece of wood, put it inside the foot part of the sock, put that into the shoe then pulled the sock onto the leg
7.I placed two pieces of scrap wood into the hedges and flipped the legs upside down onto the scrap wood stakes.
They provided sturdiness and allow the legs to stay upright in position instead of falling into the hedges.
And there you have it! You can see more of my work at A Whim and A Prayer Custom Creations
THIS BLOG HAS RECENTLY BEEN VOTED FOR BEST HOME AND DIY BLOG – I would love if you could spare a moment to vote for me here! Thank you!
Here are some more inspiration photos of DIY Wicked Witch legs from members of the GRILLO DESIGNS HOME DECORATING, UPCYCLING AND DIY FACEBOOK GROUP (click the link to join the group)