As far as wreaths go, we’ve had quite a few awesome tutorials on Grillo Designs from some very talented crafters. This burlap pumpkin wreath is no exception! Keep reading for Laura’s step by step how to, you are going to love this one! – Medina
Hello, This is Laura from OHANALEE handmade boutique. Today I’ll be showing you step by step instructions on how to make a Burlap petal wreath. And because it’s time for Fall, the instructions today are for a burlap pumpkin version.
MATERIALS YOU”LL NEED TO MAKE ONE BURLAP PUMPKIN WREATH:
This post contains affiliates for your crafting convenience, see full disclosure here. Click on bolded text for material sources!
- 1- 14″ straw wreath form, alternatively foam wreath could also be used!
- 4- rolls of 5.5 inch by 15 ft orange Burlap ribbon (you can buy burlap by the yard but I find cutting the squares from the ribbon rolls much easier)
- 3- Boxes of Floral Greening Pins
- Rotary cutter and cutting board
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Sewing pins
OPTIONAL: Fall Embellishments to decorate
- 1- roll of mossy green chicken wire ribbon
- 1- roll of wired green burlap ribbon
- Natural Jute burlap leaves and artificial fall leaves
- jute wrapped floral wire
- Fall Berry floral wire
HOW TO MAKE A BURLAP PUMPKIN WREATH
Unroll your burlap ribbon and fold corner over to measure out a square. You will be cutting several 5.5″X 5.5″ squares from these rolls of burlap. This is when I use a rotary tool to make the process even quicker.
Tip: when cutting burlap, try to cut in between the squares of the burlap weave to prevent fraying! Here is a great post on this.
Fold your cut squares corner to corner
Then take one outside corner and fold it down to the bottom corner
Next take the other outside corner of the burlap and fold it down to the bottom corner again, meeting all corners together in the center.
Take your floral greening pin and pin the petal to the wreath form. Starting on the inner part of your form.
Click on the arrow to see PART 2