Woohooo! Summer is fast approaching and I’m pretty excited! So excited in fact I think I may be getting a little carried away… Here’s why! In the last couple of weeks I’ve bought my son a huge trampoline, attempted a BBQ, mowed the garden (joke, I just watched the hubby do it from the side lines), featured some amazing outdoor projects on the blog , thought about cleaning the house windows and basically a whole lot of other summery ‘to dos’ even though Summer isn’t officially here yet . Too much?
Maybe so …. but I refuse to feel guilty about it. More often than not, Summer in the UK can be fleeting, short lived and disappointing? Thats why it’s absolutely necessary to start the season early and just get out there! My son is turning four this year and I really want to make this a summer he wont forget.
So, I’ve been looking for and collecting different ideas and projects that I can make to keep him entertained in our back garden. I have found some pretty amazing ideas from fellow bloggers that have got me all childlike excited inside (Hopefully these sort of excitement levels are catching?! I’ve used the word ‘excited’ more than enough times!) As always, please click on the highlighted text to take you straight to each direct source for the tutorial.
Fun Outdoor DIY Projects That Will Keep Your Kids Entertained This Summer
1. Build a pallet mud kitchen via prodigal Pieces
2. And dont forget the DIY mud kitchen food via Munchkins and Moms that you just need to have with it!
3. Build a lemonade stand via Simple Kierste
4. Make a giant outdoor Kerplunk game via Design Dazzle
5. Create a construction site gravel via The Imagination Tree
6. Make a giant outdoor chalkboard via Hey There Home
7. Make DIY yard dice via Blue Is Style
8. Make a race car track via The Whoot
9. Create a tic tac toe game from an old tree stump via Chicken Scratch NY
10. Design a tree swing via Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom
11. Put together a rainbow hopskotch via Happiness Is Homemade
12. Build a bowling lane via Handmade With Ashley
13. Make an outdoor car garage via Mom Endeavors
14. Build a tree house via Made With Happy
15. Or a mini outdoor tent via Adventure in a Box might be a little easier
16. Make water mini blobs via Hello Wonderful
17. Make a DIY water wall via Mama OT
18. Create a DIY climbing wall via Impatiently Crafty
19. Make a Pallet reading nook sling via Zelfmaak
20. Build a giant connect four game Via Andreas NoteBook
21. Make a Fairy garden via Farmhouse Made
22. Build an in the ground trampoline via All Things Thrifty
23. Build a DIY outdoor Movie screen via Running With Scissors
24. Turn a book shelf into a sandbox via The Home I Have Made
Have any of these projects given you any ideas this summer. I’ll be making the car race track ..how about you?
OTHER PROJECTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: