The IKEA TROFAST collection is a brilliant and functional storage range for kids . Check out these creative TROFAST HACKS that you can try for your kids bedrooms!
A few months ago participated in a campaign with IKEA on Instagram that involved toy storage, decluttering, and re-gifting of preloved toys to local charities. IKEA sent me the TROFAST ( for those that dont know, below is how the range looks, and it comes in various different colours )
. . . and for the next few days, it was mission ‘rid the house of the toys’ ( to clarify that Instagram post was sponsored but this post is not?)
Of course there were a few tears, not from me (although I did at points find the process fairly tear inducing) . . . from my son. It would seem he finds it hard to let go of toys he doesn’t play with. Toys he didn’t even know existed until I dug them up from various neglected places of his room.
Bizarre really, but I’m told a lot of children his age exhibit similar confusing traits.
Anyway, by the end of it all, we were left with a pretty decent looking toy corner, all thanks to the TROFAST!
Which then got me thinking, I wonder how other parents are using this handy piece of furniture in their kids bedrooms?
So I took to Pinterest , google . . . blogging central, and did a little surfing .. and here’s what I found!!
10 CREATIVE TROFAST HACKS FOR KIDS
1. Milfcafe Blog used the TROFAST to create a ‘step ladder’ for their sons playhouse loft bed. You’ll be surprised at just how sturdy these furniture range is! Perfect for little feet.
Photo via Milfcafe Blog
2.The Crazy Craft Lady created a train activity table from the TROFAST. I love that it also has tons of storage for toys underneath too.
Photo via The Crazy Craft Lady
3. Following on from the idea above, the TROFAST can also be hacked into a rolling LEGO inspired table just like this from The Handymans Daughter. All the LEGOs can be stored in one place , which essentially means happy parents. If you’ve ever stepped on a LEGO before you’ll understand why!
Photo viaThe Handymans Daughter.
4. I’m seriously in love with this boys bedroom makeover by Put up Your Dukes, in particular this cute little bench seat area. It looks like they connected two TROFAST units together and then topped with a comfy set foam.
Photo via Put up Your Dukes
5. One of the great things about the TROFAST is they come with a selection of large tubs that can be easily customised (think labels , form stickers etc) . Little York House has has placed circle decals on her tubs to match her daughters room decor. They remind me a little of dominos!
,Photo via Little York House
6. The TROFAST is just the right height to make a mini children’s desk/ table as House Home Love has done in her shed. Just add a sturdy piece of wood across the top and slip in a chair for this look!
Photo via House Home Love
And here’s another cute desk idea via Hemilikheter
7. This bedroom is giving me all the thrills. Home Style Mother has placed the slimmer TROFAST units together to create a very functional storage wall . I like that it gives you extra space to display your kids favourite items.
Photo Via Home Style Mother
8. I’m a little mind blown away by this TROFAST hack via IKEA Hackers. The frame of a pine TROFAST was used to create a min girls toy kitchen! See all the details here
Photo via IKEA Hackers
9. If you’re looking for a kids bed with storage, this might be just what you need. Hey There Home created a twin platform bed for her son using the smaller TROFAST units as a base! Amazing huh and so much storage, gah!
photo via Hey There Home
What do you think of all these IKEA TROFAST HACKS? Have you tried any yourself? You can shop the TROFAST range here or pop to you local IKEA store!