Hi all. Today I would like to share with you an industrial window valance I created for my son’s soon to be industrial themed room! I used a peg board to design a metallic like pelmet for his window. It was quite simple enough to do. As always I’ll take you through the steps!
- Wooden peg board
- L shaped brackets
- Sand paper
- Silver spray Paint
- Varnish Spray paint
- 2 x picture hooks
- 2 x pallet wood strips
1.The peg board was already pre- cut to the size I wanted. I sawed the pallet wood to make a border on the ends of the peg board.
2. I then secured the pallet wood in place with large nails.
3. Spay paint the whole valance with the metallic silver spray paint. Once dry give it a light sand to give it a rough scratched look.
4. I then added the L shaped Brackets to the four corners of the valance to increase stability.
5. Screw in picture hooks to the backside of the valance.
6. Attach it where you want it and voila!
I love the look of it in his room! I’m still undecided about whether I should add curtains though…..
Or I’m thinking blinds…the possibilities are endless!
I would love to hear your thoughts and questions and would definitely appreciate a PIN to Pinterest! You can also check out some of my other makeovers for my son’s room below!