These DIY shoe storage ideas are so inspiring! Be sure to check out the full tutorial for each one that catches your eye!
Shoes are one of those things that I feel like can get out of hand very quickly in my home. I can usually find at least a few of them scattered about at various times, misplaced and mismatched.
And as much as I would love to stick them all in an extra closet and call it a day, I live in a smaller home, where I often feel like I don’t have enough room to organize them all.
After thinking about this problem for a bit, I decided to seek out a solution. And I am happy to say that I have scoured Pinterest and rounded up some amazing shoe organization ideas for small spaces!
Most of these are both super affordable to make as well as very easy to put together.
If you have struggled neth shoe clutter as well, I recommend that you first try to identify problem areas in your home where shoes tend to get piled up.
Then, once you’ve done that, you can go ahead and implement one of these amazing DIY shoe storage solutions!
HERE ARE 15 CLEVER DIY SHOE STORAGE IDEAS FOR SMALL SPACES
1. An industrial style DIY shoe rack made out of copper piping. This project could easily transform any corner of your home into a stylish yet functional place to keep your shoes!
GET THE FULL DIY COPPER SHOE RACK TUTORIAL HERE.
2. Empty paint cans repurposed into industrial inspired shoe holders. They are the perfect size for flip flops. And, as Joanna from Crafty Nester mentions in her post, they are also great for holding gloves in the winter!
GET THE FULL PAINT CAN SHOE HOLDER TUTORIAL HERE.
3. A farmhouse style DIY shoe rack made from wooden crates. This rustic shoe rack can be a functional way to organize your entryway, and it can even be customised to fit all different types of shoes!
GET THE FULL DIY WOODEN CRATE SHOE RACK TUTORIAL HERE.
4. Repurposed shoe storage skateboard shelves. This is a great way to give new life to old or worn out skateboards you may have lying around.
GET THE FULL DIY SKATEBOARD SHELVES TUTORIAL HERE.
5. DIY renter-friendly tension rod shoe racks. This super easy shoe organization solution is perfect if you’re a renter and don’t want to damage your walls.
GET THE FULL TENSION ROD SHOE RACK TUTORIAL HERE.
6. DIY shoe organization with a wooden peg rack. A peg rack is a super easy way to keep your shoes organized and off the ground.
GET THE FULL SHOE PEG TUTORIAL HERE.
7. DIY customized shoe hangers. These cute and easy-to-make shoe hangers work especially well for organizing and showing off ballet flats and sandals.
This is perfect, so many great ideas. I’m going to build something for my entryway, too many of hubby’s work shoes and I need them corralled.