These DIY Mid-Century furniture ideas are a great way to add style to your home without breaking the bank! And yes, before you ask, Mid-century furniture is still a big deal! Didn’t you know?
I don’t know why, but I have been on a huge Mid-Century furniture kick lately (did you catch my latest mid-century furniture update?)
I love the vintage look that Mid-Century furniture pieces can bring to a home. And I love that most of them tend to be minimalistic and sleek, which works well for smaller homes (like mine)
However, most of the Mid-Century furniture I see in magazines or online shops, whether they are antique originals or brand-new reproductions, are way out of my price range (I’m looking at you eBay – those sellers prices just keep on rising ..and rising!)
So I guess it makes sense that I’ve been scouring the internet for DIY Mid-Century furniture projects that look like the real thing at a fraction of the cost.
I am so excited to share some of these amazing projects with you today, and I hope they will inspire you to make something for your home that you love!
HERE ARE 16 DIY MID-CENTURY FURNITURE IDEAS THAT WILL INSPIRE YOU:
1. This affordable DIY Mid-Century side table with built-in storage. Just wait until you see what they used to create the body of the table, because it’s genius!
2. A simple cabinet turned into a DIY Mid-Century sideboard. I love what they used to make those hexagon-shaped handles!
3. A two-tier DIY Mid-Century plant stand. This minimalistic piece would look great next to a window, or in the corner of a room!
4. This DIY Mid-Century bookcase IKEA hack. What a great way to get a custom bookcase for your room on a budget!
5. This IKEA Kalax turned into a DIY Mid-Century shelving unit. In case you are on the lookout for a smaller custom bookshelf for your home, this one is perfect!
6. These DIY Mid-Century Modern honeycomb shelves. Don’t worry, they seem so much easier to put together than you would expect!
7. This gorgeous DIY Mid-Century dresser. I can so imagine this piece sitting in an upscale boutique, and I can’t believe that it’s an IKEA hack! Amazing.
8. A CB2 inspired Mid-Century DIY bed frame. I can’t believe how great this knockoff looks, and that it came out to less than one-third of the original price!
9. This built-from-scratch DIY Mid-Century console table. I absolutely love how it turned out, and think it would look great in any entryway!
10. A beautiful DIY Mid-Century starburst clock. This would be a great way to use up any scraps of wood you may have lying around!
11. This DIY Mid-Century cabinet IKEA hack. Isn’t this one gorgeous? As far as DIY Mid-Century furniture projects go, this has to be one of my favourites!
12. This Mid-Century Modern DIY nightstand. Sometimes simple is the best way to go in an overcrowded bedroom, and this nightstand won’t disappoint!
13. A Mid-Century Modern DIY bench. This project is a great way to add function and style to your entryway or living room, without taking up a lot of space.
14. This DIY Mid-Century one-drawer nightstand. Complete plans have been provided in the link below, and can you believe it costs less than $50 to make?!
15. A buffet transformed into this fabulous Mid-Century buffet table. I think makeover tutorials such as this one are so inspiring, because they help me see potential in so many second hand/charity store pieces!
16. This DIY Mid-Century modern coffee table. I can’t believe how easy this one is to make! Isn’t it stunning?