Browse all of these upcycled bench ideas and don’t forget to click on the links to see the tutorials for each one!
[Psst! Join me on Instagram and Pinterest to keep up with my latest posts and ideas. Got a question? Join the discussion in the new HOME & DIY chat forums and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG for more awesome DIY ideas!]
I would be lying if I told you that at one point in my life, I absolutely knew people were turning dressers into benches and that pallets had the potential to be anything other than just…. a pile of wooden junk.
But ever since starting this blogging gig and being exposed to a world of creative minds (also known as Pinterest), I’m no longer in the dark about how upcycled benches come to be. The truth has set me free and I’m embracing this repurposing bug with a frenzy!
Over the past year, this blog has featured a number of upcycled bench ideas created from all sorts of repurposed furniture and today I want to show them all off to you. Who knows, some of these ideas might just surprise you – like they did me! If that’s the case, then my work here is done
KEEP SCROLLING TO SEE THESE UPCYCLED BENCH PROJECTS
1.Repurposed crib to bench. This crib (or cot as us Brits like to call it) was actually my sons and turning it into a bench was a great way to keep it in the family!
2. Repurposed desk to bench. Now this one is a shocker! Jill and Ron from Reimajine turned this vintage style desk into a very manly looking bench.
3. Repurposed bed frame to bench! People have been turning headboards into benches for quite some time now, but isn’t this one particularly gorgeous? Such a transformation from its previously ugly life!
4. Repurposed dresser to bench. William found this bench on the fire pit and decided to rescue it.. I’m pretty glad he did!
And lets not forget this dresser to bench conversion by Alice Woods Smith. Its a popular one on Pinterest. I’m sure you can see why!
5. Repurposed pallets to bench. I love that this bench hangs.. and swings too! Its perfect for a relaxing evening on the garden porch.
6. Repurposed shelving (or IKEA EXPEDIT CUBES HACK). This bench is a favourite (not that I’m biased or anything). It just so happens to be one of the very first IKEA HACKS I tackled on my own!
And recently, I’ve upgraded the look a little!
And that’s your lot! I know, I’m keeping it short and sweet today! Which of these upcycled benches was your favourite?
IF YOU LIKED ALL THESE UPCYCLED BENCH IDEAS, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
HOW TO UPCYCLE A BAKING TIN INTO A PLANTER