I want to make an industrial curtain rail

Home Forums HOME & DIY I want to make an industrial curtain rail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Medina 5 months, 1 week ago.

  • Author
  • #13185


    Hi. I wonder if you can help. I really want to make those industrial type curtain rails for my living room window – but I have no idea where to start. What sort of parts do I need? Does anyone know the exact names so I can go out and buy them?

  • #13190


    Hi. I found this picture on pinterest. Is this what you mean?

  • #13222


    Yes that is exactly what I want to make! Do you know what each of the parts are called?

  • #13249


    Hi Sammy! The part against the wall is called a flange, the little part sticking out of that is a nipple, the curved bit is called an elbow, and then the rod is just a pipe. 🙂 Make sure you buy the same size for all parts, for example, 3/4 inch, 1-1/4 inch, etc. Here’s a tutorial! http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2016/05/diy-plumbing-pipe-curtain-rod.html

    I also made a much simpler one using electrical conduit (cheaper than galvanized pipe) and pipe caps (Medina I hope it is okay to post a link to my blog here!). You can see that here: http://www.bybrittanygoldwyn.com/2016/01/make-an-industrial-conduit-pipe-curtain-rod/

    Good luck!

    1 user thanked author for this post.
  • #13437


    Great post Brittany! Sammy Im actually getting ready to make an industrial curtain rail. The parts I’ve ordered are floor flanges, nipple connector, the pipe itself and then the elbow connector (90 degree angle)



You must be logged in to reply to this topic.