Anyone made the dragonflies out of fan blades?

Home Forums HOME & DIY Anyone made the dragonflies out of fan blades?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Katje Hansen 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Hi Everyone, I saw some cute dragonflies made out of ceiling fan blades and table legs.. didn’t know if anyone has tried this before? I finally found some ceiling fan blades that I got from a Habitat for Humanity store.. now I just need to find some table legs. Any advice on how to go about it?? TIA!

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Toni Harvey
    Participant

I would love to try making one of these, I just need to find the fan blades, or get a new fan to replace an old one we have in our spare room 😂

Medina
    Keymaster

Wow these are so pretty! This will lol so fun in the summer. Ok so you should be able to get table legs from any charity shop or even in a DIY store. The big question is attaching the blades to the table legs first . I’m thinking using metal l shaped brackets to the underside screwed in .. Or depending on the weight of the blades you could use a strong wood glue? DAP glue is something I would recommend 🙂

Attachments:

MrsSW

Here is the website that goes with the image above: http://www.lucydesignsonline.com/2011/03/dragonflies-part-2.html

Katje Hansen

I’ve made one. I’m surprised you couldn’t find baluster at the Restore. Home depot (probably any hardware store) has them. They may even have table legs.
    I used a spindle from a shelf. It would have been nice to have a baluster because they have a flat spot to attach a fan blade to. I ended up abandoning the fan blades and making wings myself

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.